Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 01:58:15 +1000

On 29 May 2010 23:54, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> On 29 May 2010 22:04, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > With this version of xz, libarchive builds and runs successfully with:
>>
>> I've tested this version of xz (quickly - no "make clean" first) on
>> FreeBSD am64, Mac OSX, Open Solaris, and Ubuntu amd64. It succeeds on
>> all, and has no dependents, so it should be safe to include in the
>> release.
>
> Sorry, but I already announced the testing phase, so I'll only
> include bugfixes until the release.

Good point, though you could consider it a preemptive bugfix :)

> Well, okay, currently it's mostly you and two others who are
> doing the testing. But I hope that some more people will
> report testing results at the end of today (which is the
> deadline). I don't know why its so few people compared to
> the previous release.

Maybe the testing freeze should include an entire weekend (in all
timezones) so people have some time to work it into their schedules?

> Nevertheless, I'll include libarchive and the other pending
> stuff immediately after the release, and I'll start the next
> release more on schedule, i.e. within a few weeks rather than
> months. The only reason for waiting so long with this release
> were the DirectX, Pthreads and GCC/MinGW issues. Since those
> are almost completely solved, I think we should be able to
> increase again the release frequency.

I was just playing with some hg stats and it seems to be the longest
release since 1.4 - 2.0. It's also over 20% of the total commits since
you started.