[Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: -little-endian required for cross building Qt

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: -little-endian required for cross building Qt
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 20:25:00 +1000

On 22 May 2010 07:27, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

The workaround is probably to add "-little-endian" to the configure
options?
Would you mind trying that? If it works, I'll patch the configure script
too.
Adding -little-endian does indeed work and allows the build to
complete and the test program to run.

Excellent. Was that for Qt 4.6.2 or Qt 4.7.0-beta1? Can you check on both?
That was 4.7, 4.6 seems to already have the -little-endian enabled.

Thanks for checking that again. Please let me know if you run into any more troubles with Qt 4.7.

I think it makes sense to just add "-little-endian" to the configure invocation.  The configure script cannot detect the endianness of a cross-target anyway, so it's not surprising that we have to supply it.

The other option would be to derive this from the fact that the target is Windows, "-little-endian" is simple and effective.

I made this change to the qt.mk file at the usual URL.

regards,

Mark

Ok, so that's working on OSX and Open Solaris - looks like 4.7 is sorted.