[Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Glib versions (was upgrade package gtk)

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Glib versions (was upgrade package gtk)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:12:35 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 16 May 2010 00:16, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > OK, so it seems we no longer need to build gio. The attached diff
> > updates glib from 2.25.3 to 2.25.5 and removes the gio build commands.
> > I suspect that the glib-3-avoid-lc-messages.patch will also be
> > unnecessary if we're not building gio.
> >
> > There's still the question of whether we want to use release or
> > development versions.
>
> Ignore that, I spoke too soon. gst-plugins-base seems to require gio
> when using the glib 2.25.x series.

I hope you don't confuse the native with the cross build.

The glib-3-avoid-lc-messages.patch is _only_ for the native
glib build which is used internally to create the glib-mkenums
and other glib-* code generators.

The patch should _not_ make a difference on the cross build,
and the cross build contains the _complete_ glib package, with
gio, etc.

Also, I thought that the question of release/development Glib
(i.e. glib 2.24.x or 2.25.x) was answered: We want to use the
current GTK release, which depends on the current Glib development
version.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR