Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package gtk

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package gtk
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:42:12 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 12 May 2010 10:19, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  This upgrade to gtk 2.90.0 builds fine and the test program works. Do we
> > *want* to have this version in mingw-cross-env?
>
> It probably wouldn't hurt, from the release announcement
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2010-May/msg00044.html
>
> it seems to be the start of the 3.0 series. Apparently, it will
> co-exist with 2.x so we should probably call it gtk3 and maintain it
> separately.

Is that really necessary?

Does GTK-3 break the backwards compatibility to GTK-2?

If not, we should instead make a decision on whether the GTK-3 "beta"
(i.e. >= 2.90.0) are usable or not.

Otherwise, we should rename both, i.e. gtk -> gtk2, and name the
new one gtk3. But I really hope this won't be necessary.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR