Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC 4.5 progress (was gcc 4.5 error)

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC 4.5 progress (was gcc 4.5 error)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:35:59 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> So after reading the release notes for the latest MinGW GCC 4.5
> release (which states there are no patches), I thought I'd give it a
> try again. Basic changes, diff attached:
>
> update to gcc 4.5
> add mpc
> remove gcc-tdm and macosx patches
> revert glib/gtk to last good build

Thanks for the great work! I can't include it yet, because of the
open issue.

> Openscenegraph is the only package to fail, but I haven't had a chance
> to look at it yet.

The important part of the Openscenegraph build is this one:

    -- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS
    CMake Error: TRY_RUN() invoked in cross-compiling mode, please set the
    following cache variables appropriatly:
       _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS_EXITCODE (advanced)

I don't really know how to set cache variables, but I guess it's just
some file of definitions which we'd have to initialize, i.e.

    echo '_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS ...'  > '$(1)/somefile'

However, I find it very strange that this error message doesn't occur
with GCC 4.4.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR