Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-cross-env-2.12 Boost 1.42 bug

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-cross-env-2.12 Boost 1.42 bug
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:28:07 +0200

Mark de Wever <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >Joost Kraaijeveld <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >>
> >>/home/jkr/src/mingw-cross-env-2.12/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libboost_system-mt.a:
> >> could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
> >
> >Is anyone on this list able to reproduce that problem?
>
> I also have the problem, which I also reported to you (might be I
> reported it privately, before this mailing list was created).

Okay, I think I was able to solve this problem.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a25ab9d92755

I also added a small test program to ensure that this bug
won't reappear in the future:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a905b128f004

> >Who is currently actively using Boost?
>
> At the moment I'm focussing on the Linux version of the project I'm
> working on and am not working on, nor testing the Windows version. So I
> haven't used boost lately.

It would be great if you could try it again with the current
development version of mingw-cross-env.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR