Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:37:09 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 14 April 2010 17:08, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The attached guile.mk works, but needs cleaning up. For some reason,
> > gmp 5 doesn't work for the native build, and the native gmp configure
> > tries to optimise for processor.
>
> I'm stuck on this now, I've changed the native install directory to a
> temp rather than $(PREFIX) and tried to be a little smarter about
> conditionally passing the ABI variable to gmp (OSX needs this since
> gmp tries to build a 64bit lib if the processor supports, but
> otherwise everything is 32bit by default).

Thanks for your great work, but I think there is a simpler solution. :-)

Guile doesn't really need a native guile to build itself. The native
guile is just used to generate the "guile-procedures.txt", which
seems to be just a documentation text file.

By suppressing that we can eliminate the whole need for a native guile.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/08e0d4db0973

Mark, Tony, please check whether that works for you.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR