Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt link error

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt link error
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:30:46 +0100

Thanks. Could you try again after removing these from your environment?

QMAKESPEC=linux-g++
QTDIR=/usr/qt/3
QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/realnc/.kde4/lib64/kde4/plugins/:/usr/lib64/kde4/plugins/

That helped and Qt built successfully. I suspect it was just QMAKESPEC that was causing the error though. QTDIR is ignored by Qt4 entirely, it's only used by Qt3. QT_PLUGIN_PATH can't have an effect upon compile time, only runtime.

Glad to hear that.

How do I peform a "make clean" that only cleans out Qt so I can rebuild with only QMAKESPEC unset to test?

There is no "make clean". There was some discussion about that on the list not too long ago. It's probably fine to do "touch src/qt.mk" and then "make qt" again which will install over the existing one.

It's a bit strange though that not more people came across this problem.

I think the explanation might be that QMAKESPEC is not set on their systems. It's not set on my opensuse 11.2 system.

QMAKESPEC is always set on systems that have the Qt development environment installed, otherwise qmake can't work correctly.

Qmake finds a default qmake.conf without QMAKESPEC. Mingw-cross-env relies on this behavior. I don't remember the details, but I think it's determined by the location of qmake.

Let us know how your building goes.

-Mark