[Mingw-cross-env-list] Urgent problem: "windres" producing UNICODE text

From: Ron Aaron
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Urgent problem: "windres" producing UNICODE text for menus/dialogs
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 08:21:46 +0200

Hi all -

I just had to reopen an old project for a client, and when I ran 'windres' to
compile the resources I ended up with UNICODE text in the resource rather than
ANSI text!  This is not usable, and whatever options I gave windres I got the
same sad result.

The 'windres' in the Windows-based Mingw package works (on the exact same file)
just fine, to produce ANSI menus etc.  The version in the Mingw package is "GNU
windres (GNU Binutils) 2.18.50.20080109", the one in ours is "GNU windres (GNU
Binutils) 2.20"

If there is a workaround, please let me know.

Best regards,
Ron

--
Sending me something private?