Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Using boost version 1.41 with release 2.12

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Using boost version 1.41 with release 2.12
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:57:39 +0100

Joost Kraaijeveld <address@hidden> schrieb:
> If I want to use Boost 1.41 with release 2.12 (which uses Boost 1.42)
> can I just copy and paste the version and hash from e.g. release 2.10
> into the boost.mk file and build?

In general, I strong discourage people from doing so. The build
script or the patch file might contain fixes/workarounds that
are specific for the current version.

But in your particular case it should work. IIRC, there were no
changes specific to boost 1.41. So go ahead and try it!

However, please don't send us bug reports if it doesn't work. We
simply don't have the resources to support every outdated version
of every package. It's already hard enough to keep the current
versions running.

BTW, out of pure curiosity: Why don't you simply use Boost 1.42?
Does it have any issues we should know about?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR