Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeTDS news

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeTDS news
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:25:45 +0100

>> Just wanted to let you know there was a patch yesterday for FreeTDS
>> introducing SSPI support [...]  I'd like to make this available in
>> mingw-cross-env. It's not easy to do that right now because FreeTDS does
>> not produce frequent tarballs or frequent releases. I posted a note on
>> the list there asking about this.
>>
> Is it possible to backport exactly that feature into the latest
> stable release? That would enable us to ship this feature without
> introducing any other stuff that happened since their last release.

One difficulty is that it's currently hard to get a known "patched"
version of the current release. This would be the logical taget for a
backport. There is only a generic URL/filename for the latest patched
version. The problem for us is that we don't know what we get from that
download or what the unpacked directory will be called. We can't verify
by checksum either.

I have focused my request to FreeTDS on this issue, rather than
pre-release tarballs or release frequency. (Actually, the "patched
version" is a kind of sub-release.)

-Mark