[Mingw-cross-env-list] First approach for a test suite

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] First approach for a test suite
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 04:10:15 +0100

Dear mingw-cross-env supporters,

I just implemented a simplistic approach for testing
programs. The idea is to have one or more test programs
for a package which are part of mingw-cross-env and
thus independent of the package. At the end of the build,
in order to complete it successfully, this test program
needs to compile flawlessly.

The created test-PKG.exe files are not executed automatically
via Wine, because Wine should not be a requirement of
mingw-cross-env. However, it is installed to

    usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/

such that it can be run through Wine at any later time.

I created a simple test program for SDL to make this more clear:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/f77829d56a44

What's your opinion on that?

Oh, and feel free to create more test programs. These should
be simple and should run for many, many future versions of the
respective library, so I think it's best to write them by
hand and not to copy them from an example folder. (... although
the official examples serve greatly as an inspiration)

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR