Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL build missing DX Headers

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL build missing DX Headers
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:48:25 +0100

Marcel Wysocki <address@hidden> schrieb:

> >the latest directx sdk (aug 2009) is 500+MB
> >isnt 7z able to extract .exe files?
> >i dont think running the exe in wine is the way to go
>
> just tested it, 7z is able to extract it

Well, okay, 500 MB for a core component is really scary.
For now, let's stick with the prepackaged dx80_mgw.zip of
the Allegro project.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e3ed60a2a433
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/dc40eaaf2a3a

I designed this new "directx" package to be always installed
over MinGW's "w32api" package. I also treat it as a core
package, so its part of the "gcc" depedency and thus doesn't
need to be specified explicitly.

Please check whether SDL builds with DirectX support. Do we
need any changes to src/sdl.mk?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR