Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL build missing DX Headers

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL build missing DX Headers
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:05:38 +0100

Marcel Wysocki <address@hidden> schrieb:
> 1) have a new package (maybe sdl-dxheaders) as a dependancy of SDL
> 2) embed the getting of this 3 header files into the sdl package
> 3) include the full directx sdk to allow full directx9 development
>  3.1) by building it ourself from the official package
>  3.2) by taking a prebuilt package (like the devpak)

You might want to reread the mails around:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-01/msg00053.html

where we already discussed that problem. In short, we should
do 3.1) or 3.2) depending on how much work someone likes to
put in.

I think that 3.2) is initially less work, but 3.1) is more
in the spirit of mingw-cross-env.

So if someone likes to create a recent DirectX from the
official DirectX SDK, please provide the complete list of
issued commands, and the exact list of files that need
to be installed.

I would then support you by

    1) creating a new package "mingw-utils" that produces
       a native build of the "reimp" tool, and

    2) creating a new package "directx" based on the list
       of commands.

Of course, we could also do it the other way around, i.e.
I first create the "mingw-utils" package and a stub for
the "directx" package, which is then to be completed.

All I need is a person who is dedicated to work out the
details. Any volunteers?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR