Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Makefiles changes to help testing

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Makefiles changes to help testing
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:57:06 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> 2009/12/20 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>
> >
> > A)
> >        log/
> >            TIMESTAMP1/
> >                pkg1
> >                pkg3
> >            TIMESTAMP2/
> >                pkg1
> >                pkg5
> >            pkg1 -> TIMESTAMP2/pkg1
> >            pkg3 -> TIMESTAMP1/pkg3
> >            pkg5 -> TIMESTAMP2/pkg5
>
> A is preferable, I've been using much the same layout here, and find it
> covers everything.

Okay, so I implemented it.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/b4d182dad1a5

Mark, Tony, please try the new layout and tell me what you're
thinking about it.

BTW: Since the timestamp is now a single directory name, I decided
to format it as:

    20091220_154718

rather than:

    20091220154718

That way, it's hopefully easier to read. I also tried to split
it even more, e.g.

    2009-12-20_15-47-18

but that didn't add readability, so I kept the first variant.

Oh, and another thing: You can set your own build timestamp by
doing something like:

    make ... TIMESTAMP=2009-20-12_my_final_build

:-)

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR