Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Linking error with SDL_image

From: Pierre-Henri Trivier
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Linking error with SDL_image
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:34:21 +0100

Hi again

Having that said, feel free to change the src/sdl_image.mk according
to your needs. Just remove or change the corresponding ./configure
options. But be aware that you're on your own if you do that.

Well, I was more interested in getting rid of the strange compile flags if possible (rather than reducing the code size or anything).
At first I was concerned that adding the flags by hand would make my build system more complicated, but luckily the flags work just as well when cross-compiling and when doing a native build.

If you really care about minimizing your code size, you should use
libpng directly, without sdl_image. In addition, you could use UPX
to compress your executable. You might also change the compiler
options of your code and the libraries from "-O2" to "-Os". Also,
you might want to use Forth instead of C/C++. ;-)

No, code size is not an issue for me at the moment.  I'll give a try to your suggestion - except maybe the forth one ;)

Thanks Again
PH