Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt library configuration

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt library configuration
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:47:25 +0200

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > I see that qt.make has been changed to use system libraries instead of
> > libraries packaged with the Qt sources. For reference:
>
> I alread encountered that problem and fixed it some hours ago:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/75d0dffa09ac
>
> However, there's still a problem on OSX which seems to ignore
> the "-qt-zlib" setting. I'm working on that.

I just found the cause. The ./configure script contains
an mechnism which explicitly overrides CFG_ZLIB=yes with
CFG_ZLIB=system on the Mac platform, completely ignoring
the fact that we're cross compiling:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/9570575e00e0

As I already wrote: ...

> This is plain stupid, but let's hope the Qt project will fix
> it in the future. It's just one of many signs that Qt's cross
> compiling abilities are still immature and need a major revision.

:-(

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR