[Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.8

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.8
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 20:04:43 +0200

Dear mingw-cross-env supporters,

I'm glad you found the way to the freshly created mailing list. :-)

Much happened in the last days. I moved the whole project to
Savannah, improved the look & feel of the build process, upgraded
many packages [1]  and fixed some bugs. In other words: It's time
for the next release.

So the current development version needs to be tested on as many
systems as possible. I already tested it on a 64-bit Debian/Lenny,
other systems will follow. When everything works fine and all open
issues are documented, I'll do the release. It will roughly look
like this:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/8e93be50e66f/doc/index.html#latest-release

If you want to help, please run the current development version
on your system(s) and tell me

    1) what system it is

    2) whether the build succeeded or failed

    3) in case the build failed: the complete log file
       (... and maybe a patch that fixes the issue ;-))

Thank you in advance!

Greets,

    Volker

[1] I upgraded everything except the GCC packages, because
    GCC-4.4.1 causes some strage problems on many packages
    (linking errors around ___chkstk) while GCC-4.4.0 works
    just fine.

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR