microdc-devel

RE: [microdc-devel] I: new version of microdc

From: Vladimir Chugunov
Subject: RE: [microdc-devel] I: new version of microdc
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:54:32 +0300

Hello,

> Makefile:404: *** Recursive variable `CFLAGS' references
> itself (eventually).  Stop.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pepe/microdc2-0.15.0/src'
>
> I changed line 738 in src/Makefile:
>
> -xml_flist.o: CFLAGS=$(CFLAGS) $(LIBXML2_CFLAGS)
> +xml_flist.o: CFLAGS=$(LIBXML2_CFLAGS)
>
> This may be amazingly stupid, I don't know, I'm not a programmer.
> Works for me..

I've fixed it already - now 0.15.1 is available from site.
Thank you for your help to debug the application.

> Feature-request: A bit more control about the file lists
> would be helpful. A
> manual refresh-command, ability to "unshare" directories.
> Something like that.
> I think "share" should work like the display variables.

Well, I'll make manual refresh command but what do you mean under 'unshare
directories'? As far as I remember the 'unshare' command was introduced at the
same time like 'share' :-) The list of shared directories are shown by status
command.

> What about the more open development process? I like mailing
> lists, but
> a BTS would indeed be helpful. We can simply use ressources
> from sf.net
> or similar sites. We already use the nongnu/microdc mailing
> list, maybe
> they also provide a BTS. Or we can setup some stupid BTW software
> ourselves(recommondations?). A simple wiki would do it, too...

BTS is a good choice in case of more than one developer. But I'm currently
working alone so I can put all reported bugs onto piece of paper and then just
strikethrough the fixed items :-)

Regards, Vladimir.