microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] I: patches for new version of microdc

From: Alexey Illarionov
Subject: [microdc-devel] I: patches for new version of microdc
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:03:57 +0300

Hi, Vladimir

I have made some patches for your version of microdc2. While I write
them, you have made version 0.13:) I did not know about that, and that
is why my patches are for 0.12. Some improvements have appeared in 0.13.
But I hope, that my patches will be interest for you. Generally they
mention work with codepages, especially in Russia.

Here is a list of improvemnts.
1. Improved work with codepages in user names, file names, and so on. he
command 'who' now correctly displays Russian nicks, comments, and so on.
2.  Fixed Tab-completion of user names, file names, local and remote
files. Now it is locale-sensitive. Russian characters now are not
non-printable.
3. Fixed file search. Now it works not only for latin1 names. And it is
still case insensitive. Comparison occurs according to current locale.
In $SR command, TTH of file also included.
4. Fixed filename sorting according to current locale collation.
5. Added option file system_charset. You can define character set of
local filenames, if it differs from the system codepage. For example, if
local codepage is koi8-r, but filenames are in cp1251.
6. Reading of NMDC-stile file-lists, filenames are converted from hub
codepage. And such file lists now created in hub charset.
7. I change function for calculation of TTH to the function taken from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tigertree/ It needs less memory. And i
'm add to this function calculation of leaves of a tree (TTHL). The
bottom generations of TTH tree are discarded according to file size. The
TTHL results are compatible with TTHL generated by linuxdcpp and strongdc.
8. Added handling of search by TTH requests. But it is not optimal and
should be changed.
9. Xml and bzxml file lists generation was changed. Old way with libxml
 needs a lot of memory. Files without TTH now are added to this lists.
libxml2 is no needed any more.
10. Added $ADCGET command handling. It works both with requests by
filename and by TTH. Transfer of files TTHL's added also.
11. Send $Sending command on $UGetBlock instead of $FileLength.
12. Fixed incorrect calculation of Tiger hash on x64. It was an
incorrect assumption about size of some data types.
13. Fixed program crash when it is impossible to convert current chat
string to locale codepage.
14. Fixed crash on very large share lists (i have 800GB).
huffman_encode() gets memory for this list from local stack.

Patches can be downloaded there:
http://lug.cbx.ru/files/microdc/microdc-0.12.0-locale-patches.tar.gz