mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] NullPointerException

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] NullPointerException
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:37:26 +0100

Thanks for a great bug report! Makes life so much easier
when I get a minimal MIB that reproduces the problem.

Here is a link to the bug report:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?18843

As can be seen, it has already been resolved. I'll
release the fix as part of version 2.9.alpha1 later
today or tomorrow.

Cheers,

/Per

Markus Barchfeld wrote:
Hi!

I evaluated some MIB parsers and mibble crunched bravely through more than 160 MIB files, but it produced one NullPointerException with a particular erroneous MIB file. I have created a minimal MIB file, which shows the problem, see below.

The problem arises when Unsigned32 is defined, but throws NPE if not. I would have expected a "undefined symbol" error - which occurs after removing the revealNpeMibEntry definition.

Would it be much effort to fix this?

Thanks
Markus

REVEAL-NPE-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

revealNpeMib MODULE-IDENTITY
      LAST-UPDATED    "0701161535Z"
      ORGANIZATION    "NONE"
      CONTACT-INFO    "mbarchfeld"
      DESCRIPTION     "Shows a NullPointerException of mibble parser"
      ::= { iso 21 }
-- uncomment the following definition of Unsigned32 and the mibble parser will
-- parse this file just fine

-- Unsigned32 ::=
--   [APPLICATION 2]
-- IMPLICIT INTEGER (0..4294967295) BasedOnUnknownSyntax ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION "None."
      SYNTAX      Unsigned32

-- if the revealNpeMibEntry definition is removed, the parser shows
-- Error: in C:\Temp\REVEAL-NPE-MIB.txt: line 20:
--    undefined symbol 'Unsigned32'