mibble-users

[Mibble-users] SizeConstaint.isCompatible( mibValue) doesn't check the s

From: Paul Faid
Subject: [Mibble-users] SizeConstaint.isCompatible( mibValue) doesn't check the size of mibValue.. why not?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:05:24 +1300

Hi,

I'm wondering why the SizeConstraint doesn't check the size of a
mibValue when calling isCompatible(), for example why doesn't it check
the length of a stringValue.

The javaDoc even says it does nothing:

public boolean isCompatible(MibValue value)

   Checks if the specified value is compatible with this constraint.
This method will always return false, as no values can be compatible
with a size constraint.

Am I missing something? Is there some other mechanism for checking
that a StringValue complies with the following definition:

system-Location OBJECT-TYPE
 SYNTAX OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..20))

While typing this, I'm wondering how the constraints work for numeric
ranges. I'll go and try some out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Paul