mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] retrieving names of fields in NOTIFICATION-TYPE(traps

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] retrieving names of fields in NOTIFICATION-TYPE(traps)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:24:11 +0200

Great! Thanks for providing your code. I'll look at it
shortly to see if it can be included inside the example
MibblePrinter application.

Cheers,

/Per

Hall, Matthew wrote:
Hello again Per and the list,

I have some code I've tested on numerous vendors and in general
bullet-proofed. So now I'm releasing it to the world. I know it's a
bit of a kludge but it will enumerate and print out the data on traps
in an easy to use format. I think it can be used as an example of how
to perform simple MIB reading tasks.

I deliberately made the interface as brain-dead as possible. One just
lists the MIB names on the command line and the tool will take it
from there. I suppose it could use a usage message but the code is
simple enough as is.

Thanks, Matthew Hall