Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Project status ...?

From: David MENTRÉ
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Project status ...?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 15:34:19 +0200

Hello,

An answer to an old question that is probably obsolete now, anyway I'll
give it for the record and Google's search engine posterity.

Le 2016-03-24 à 14:02, Hartmut Holzgraefe a écrit :
> So this brings up the question what the current status of the site,
> and of the project in general, is.

As you found by yourself, pretty dead.

As far as I know, there is only one active member: Maxime PETAZZONI. He
maintains the database and reboots the servers in case of issues. But
the recent track record shows that even him is not putting enough time
in MapOSMatic maintenance.

> Regarding the web site / online render service:
>
> * Is there anything one could help with? Looks as if the main problem
>   seems to be to keep the PostGIS database up and running?

There is a huge pile of issues and bugs. We no longer track them down as
anyway nobody wants to work on them. So beyond database maintenance,
there is a lot of new development and maintenance to do.

> * What to you think about others setting up alternative service sites
>   using the MapOSMatic code base?

Go! Go! Go! Don't wait for us! Clone MapOSMatic! Develop your user base!
Use our source-code, mailing list, IRC channel! Fix bugs! Improve the code!

Sincerely yours,
david -- former member of the core team