man-db-devel

[Man-db-devel] Test failures in man-db > 2.7.6

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: [Man-db-devel] Test failures in man-db > 2.7.6
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:09:46 -0400

Building man-db 2.7.6 (or 2.7.6.1) in GNU Guix, some of the mandb-N
tests and the whatis-1 test are failing.

I haven't tried changing anything in our man-db packaging besides
bumping the version, and that packaging can be found here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/man.scm?id=61adfb00b11cc16a70e60f19fd8e0a838a3ef608#n57

I noticed that each failing test prints 'the setuid man user "man" does
not exist'. However, I don't know if this is just a warning or the root
cause. We do build with '--disable-setuid'.

I spent some time looking at the changes between 2.7.5 and 2.7.6, but I
didn't figure out the problem.

I've attached test-suite.log for your reference. Please let me know what
other information or testing I can provide.