man-db-devel

[Man-db-devel] Easy way to update default manpath lookup paths?

From: Saurabh T
Subject: [Man-db-devel] Easy way to update default manpath lookup paths?
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 15:14:36 +0000

Hi,

I have several packages installed in /usr/local/package/. The bin/ under there
is in PATH which makes manpath look in share/man/ etc automatically. However
several packages have their man dir in different places, such as doc/man/. Is
there a quick way to tell manpath to look in doc/man in addition to what it
does by default (man, share/man etc), or do I have to set MANPATH for every one
of them?

saurabh