mailman

Re: [PB] Archive

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [PB] Archive
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 12:12:27 -0700

Hi Mike,

Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> Hey, Bob:
>
> Please see the attached request.  Someone is looking for a message to be
> removed from the mail archives.  I have no idea who to send this to, or
> if this is even something the listhelpers would do.
>
> Personally, I don't see much use in doing so considering that this
> message is also on other servers outside of GNU's control, but I said
> I'd forward it on nonetheless.

Apologies for the age of this message.  I'll take care of it.  It
hasn't previously been within the capabilities of the listhelpers (it
needed the mailman admins) but I now have the the ability to do it.

For the future a better place for forwarding any other mailing list
request is to < mailman AT gnu.org > which is always a good action.
Then the entire team can can look at it and not just me.  Then there
is a safety net of others if it gets lost in my mailbox for too long.

And I completely agree about the problem since there are so many
archive sites on the net.  Plus:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Bob