mailman

Re: bug#29290: 25.3; bug-gnu-emacs archive web search fails to find matc

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: bug#29290: 25.3; bug-gnu-emacs archive web search fails to find matching bugs
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:15:13 -0700

On 11/13/2017 at 23:45 Glenn Morris writes:
> myglc2 wrote:
>> To see an example, search bug-gnu-emacs for 'server-name', e.g.,
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=server-name&submit=Search%21&idxname=bug-gnu-emacs&max=20&result=normal&sort=score
>> This gives 20 hits non of which is ...
>> https://debbugs.gnu.org/23576
>> [documentation] 'Using Emacs as a Server': 'M-x set-variable RET server-name
>> RET foo RET'

Let me refine the report a little bit.

Here is the search:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=server-name&submit=Search%21&idxname=bug-gnu-emacs&max=1000&result=normal&sort=score

But it does not locate this message which contains that search string:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2016-05/msg00923.html
  From: Dmitry Alexandrov
  Subject: bug#23576: [documentation] ‘Using Emacs as a Server’: ‘M-x
set-variable RET server-name RET foo RET’
  Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 22:25:38 +0300

> lists.gnu.org is general GNU infrastructure not maintained by anyone
> here at Emacs. I'm not sure what the right contact address is; perhaps
> mailman at gnu.org.

This is a good address for the report.  FSF sysadmin is on this list.

Bob