mailman

Re: gnu.org mailing lists and DMARC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 16:34:33 +0300

> From: Reuben Thomas <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:06:50 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> For a couple of years now, the domain from which I'm writing
> (sc3d.org) has had a strict DMARC configuration, with p=reject. This
> interacts badly with mailing lists that rewrite messages sent out with
> the From address of the original author: such message should be
> bounced by recipients' systems, which can cause mailman to
> automatically unsubscribe them. Eli noticed this in one case where an
> active contributor was unsubscribed from a list.

Hi,

This issue just cost me today an hour of my non-existent free time: a
message sent by Reuben caused massive bounces, and as result about 500
members of the emacs-devel list had their subscriptions disabled!  I
needed to manually re-enable them one by one.

Can something please be done about this?  PLEASE??