Re: [gnu.org #1132222] Installing GNU m4 in IBM AIX Power systems

From: Malarvizhi Sankarraj
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #1132222] Installing GNU m4 in IBM AIX Power systems
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 12:08:54 +0530

Hi Team,

We are trying to install GNU m4 in IBM AIX Power systems 64 bit, OS Version - 6.1
to install the Oracle COE application.

We installed the GNU m4 from the below site(version -m4-1.4.17) in IBM
AIX environment
https://www.gnu.org/software/m4/m4.html

But when we are using the command m4 --version after installed GNU m4,it is not recognizing the flag.
Please let us to know whether IBM AIX power systems will support GNU m4 or not.

Thanks & Regards,
Malarvizhi Sankarraj
Tata Consultancy Services
Cell:- +919952989806
Mailto: address@hidden
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty. IT Services
Business Solutions
Consulting

> We are trying to install GNU m4 in IBM AIX Power systems 64 bit, OS
> Version - 6.1
> to install the Oracle COE application.
>
> We installed the GNU m4 from the below site(version -m4-1.4.17) in IBM
> AIX environment
> https://www.gnu.org/software/m4/m4.html
>
> But when we are using the command m4 --version after installed GNU m4,
> it is not recognizing the flag.
> Please let us to know whether IBM AIX power systems will support GNU
> m4 or not.

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing GNU M4. The FSF does not
provide troubleshooting help with GNU projects, but the GNU M4 project
has several mailing lists you can contact. They are listed here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/m4/m4.html - you might start by asking your
question via address@hidden

Thanks for supporting the FSF and GNU!

Happy hacking,