Re: M4 in python

From: Jack J. Woehr
Subject: Re: M4 in python
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 09:56:24 -0700

Marc Chantreux wrote:
hello and thanks for replying,
In passing, may I mention that m4 as it is currently is a tremendously useful language which I have employed for decades in
auto-generating C, C++, Java, sh, Rexx, and other language files, both professionally and in Open Source offerings, e.g.,
in my PigIron project.

Since esyscmd() was added in the 1990's, m4 has not needed very much improvement, merely maintenance.

I encourage each of you Young Pioneers to generate any m4-inspired code corpus that amuses you, but m4 itself is what it is,
and has been so more or less for about 40 years!
--
Jack J. Woehr     # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of
www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe