Can an M4-program read data out of an C-program?

From: Amaury Ampe
Subject: Can an M4-program read data out of an C-program?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100

Hi,
I have a question about M4 of which I hope you can help me with.
I'm a master student working on a robot for my teaching practice. The robots program is written in 3 languages (M4, C and ASSEMBLER for the PowerPC555). The main code is M4 and depending on which of the 2 processors the code is for, it's mixed with one of the other 2. My job is to write a program that would make it possible to change the values of the robots controller without having to know anything about programming. I'm planning on writting a program in C where the user can fill in his values. Those values should then be loaded into the M4 main program. Can you tell me if this is possible? I should mention that the values are actually ment for the PPC555 so I will have to refer to them in ASSEMBLER. I'm quite new to programming in general and completely new to M4, so any help would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
Amaury