M4sugar error

From: Saeed, Ghazanfar
Subject: M4sugar error
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:48:54 +0500

Dear All,

I found following error message while building binutils:

bison -y -d  ./arparse.y

M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or

set the M4 environment variable to its path name.*** Signal 13

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `arparse.c'

Current working directory /space/home/engineering/gsaeed/simplescalar/binutils-2.5.2/binutils

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-binutils'

My environment is on Sun-Machine (Solaris8-SPARC-IIe)

I have already installed bison, lex and M4 in /usr/local/bin

Now for above error it appears that I need to install M4sugar which I was not able to find anywhere for Solaris8. I have found only one file “m4sugar.m4” under

/usr/local/share/bison/m4sugar

But I was not able to install with pkgadd command. I am stuck and don’t know how to proceed.

Could anybody help me in this regard?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ghazanfar Saeed