m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Help needed to modify mim file

From: Fahim Khan
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Help needed to modify mim file
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 11:19:44 +0530

Hi,

Yes, I want to change the sequence to get the same result. So currently if I type  "अ"+"र्"+"ज" then I got अर्ज  but I want it to be like "अ"+"ज"+"र्" to get अर्ज, as it is the correct way for remington.

I am using ibus as input method. I am just wondering how the character sequence is decided. Can we just change it through mim file ?

Thanks for clearing the variable concept. I can try condition based _expression_.

Regards,
Fahim

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 8:27 PM, handa <address@hidden> wrote:
In article <CA+u5NKN68b7if1bZVTfqfA6Ki3Gp4EHLBT79VghWc6hQc=address@hiddencom>, Fahim Khan <address@hidden> writes:

> I am new to the mailing list. I am actuallly trying to modify the existing
> hindi language mapping. I am changing the mim file. I can modify the
> mapping but I don't know how to change the sequence in case of multikey
> word like if I type "अ"+"र्"+"ज", I got the proper word. However the
> sequence is not proper. I want it to be like "अ"+"ज"+"र्" to get the same
> word.

As I don't any of speak/write Indic languages, this may be my
misunderstanding, but...
What you want is to type XYZ and get a character sequence XZY which is
rendered as XYZ, right?

Anyway, which input method are you going to modify, and which
key-sequence you have to type to get the character sequence you want?

> I have one more question about defining a variable. I can assign a value to
> a varibale and can insert it after anykey word I want but I do not know how
> to clear/unset that variable once it is used.

A variable always has a value, you can not clear/unset value.  But, you
can define the meaning of special value (e.g. 0) as "unset".  For
instance, you can use "IF" action as this:

  (= CODE 0
     ((set CODE 1) ...do_something...)
     ((set CODE 0) ...do_something...))

It toggles the value of CODE betwee 1 and o, and perform different
actions depending on the value.  If you want to initialize a variable
each time when the processing reaches to a specific branch, this will
do:

 (branchname
   (t (set CODE 0))
   (...)
   ...)

> I tried to follow the documentation and existing mim file but I don't get
> any clear explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the poor documentation.  Any suggestions of improvement are
welcome.

---
K. Handa
address@hidden