m17n-list

[m17n-list] New layouts for Nepali

From: Santosh Pradhan
Subject: [m17n-list] New layouts for Nepali
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 13:26:55 +0545

Dear m17n team,
I have created two layouts for Nepali

ne-trad-ttf: which builds upon ne-trad (existing nepali traditional layout) by removing rarely used glyphs and adding missing ones such that it is easier to use for users familiar with non-unicode ttf fonts layouts. There is still a large user base for such fonts as printing industry is still using them. This started a few years back and has gone through few revisions according to user suggestions. I also maintain a page providing layout image and instructions: http://nepalitankan.blogspot.com/2013/10/nepali-traditional.html
mim and icon: https://github.com/sapradhan/ne-trad-ttf/tree/master/linux

ne-rom-translit: a naive attempt at a transliterated layout.
source: https://github.com/sapradhan/ne-rom-translit/tree/master/src/main/mim
docs: http://nepalitankan.blogspot.com/2013/11/ne-rom-translit.html

I request you to review if these meet your standards and include it in m17n if deemed fit.

Thank you and wish everybody a prosperous and fulfilling new year.

Santosh