m17n-list

[m17n-list] Full-width punctuation for CJK

From: Dan Cecile
Subject: [m17n-list] Full-width punctuation for CJK
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 16:42:32 +0800

Hi,

I've been working with "zh-bopomofo" input method, and I much prefer to write whole sentences using full-width punctuation.

This snippet seems to work fine for me (but it doesn't have any rules for brackets or quotation marks):

  ("<" ?,)
  (">" ?。)
  ("\" ?、)
  ("?" ??)
  ("!" ?!)

I see that "ja-anthy" and "ko-romaja" already have mappings to full-width punctuation, so if the only other non-Latin CJK input method is "zh-bopomofo", maybe it should also be switched over?

Cheers,
Dan Cecile