lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Error uncompressing temporary file

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Error uncompressing temporary file
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 21:27:32 +0100

"dan d." <address@hidden> wrote:

> A while back there was a thread about getting that error message with
> wikipedia.

This thread:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2017-06/threads.html#00012 ?

which I found by searching the lynx-dev archive at

        http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/

for: "Error uncompressing temporary file"...

> It didn't happen with me at the time but has done so recently, including some
> other sites.
>
> Was there a fix decided upon when it was discussed originally?

..includes a suggestion from TG to remedy the problem, which appears to have
worked in that particular case. Here it is:

        I’m assuming you followed recent advice on this list and changed
        “Preferred encoding” in (O)ptions from the default (5) All to
        (1) None already and retried with that. (Though “All” WFM here,
        on BSD and with a slightly older dev version of lynx.)

If you need to dig further, you might be able to find the mentioned
"recent advice on this list".