lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Building lynx with SSL

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Building lynx with SSL
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:20:36 -0400

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 01:49:20PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:

>       'gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9)'
>       5.4?  I'm on 7.3.  I upgraded from 5.4 in 2016.
>
>       'gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V''

config.log makes a lot of checks which normally fail - unless you're
reading the script carefully, it's not helpful.

The output from the configure script consists of the messages which
configure script uses to report its progress.  There's a --verbose
option which adds some useful information.

This is normal output, assuming that the OpenSSL development libraries
are installed (which apparently is the problem being discussed):

checking if you want NSS compatible SSL libraries... no
checking if you want ssl library... yes
checking if you want gnutls support... no
checking if you want gnutls-openssl compat... no
checking if you want socks library... no
checking if you want socks5 library... no
checking for network libraries... working...
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for main in -linet... no
checking for socket... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for inet_ntoa... yes
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for inet_aton function... yes
checking if you want to use pkg-config... yes
checking pkg-config for openssl... yes
        adding -lssl -lcrypto  to LIBS
        checking ssl header-path /usr/include/openssl
checking for X509 support... yes

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
https://invisible-island.net