lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] can't see any subdirectory of http://www.washingtonpost.c

From: russellbell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] can't see any subdirectory of http://www.washingtonpost.com/
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 11:55:54 -0700

        Quoth Stefan Caunter, 'It looks like a simple User-Agent
redirection they have implemented'

        Yes.  Mine's been 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1;
rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 lynx' for years out of deference
to many clients; I kept lynx because lynx warns about it.  Fortunately
l_y_n_x satisfies both criteria.  Odd that 'Washington Post' started
caring.
        They've picked on lynx specifically, not other similar
browsers: who'd have thought we mattered enough?

        Thanks.

russell bell