lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] can Lynx do this somewhat GUI-type task?

From: Michael Jones
Subject: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx do this somewhat GUI-type task?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 22:28:42 -0500

Hello,

With a normal web browser, I google for "burger places new york ny"
and I get the option to click "More places" near the top of the
results.  The city and state do not matter.  This "more places" option
gives me a list of good results.  If I click "More places" it leads me
to a map too.  But the list is really what I want.

If I use Lynx, I can google for "burger places new york ny" I do not
have the option to see the "More places."

Is there a way I can see just the text results of the "More places" by
searching for "burger places cityName stateName"?  I'd rather not get
into latitude and longitude.  I wonder if there is a way to get what I
want using strictly text-based web browsers like Lynx.

thanks,

Michael