lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Problem displaying gopherspace UTF-8 on ARM (Raspberry Pi)

From: Héctor A . Abreu
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Problem displaying gopherspace UTF-8 on ARM (Raspberry Pi)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 06:31:24 -0500

Hi there,

I installed Lynx using "aptitude install" on my Raspberry Pi 2 (Raspbian Jessie
Lite). I set computer locale and browser to UTF-8 and have no problem to view
UTF-8 on http, for example http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html

The problem is when I try to do the same thing on gopher, for example
gopher://z3bra.org:70/0/notes/vim/digraphs.txt

Characters are displayed incorrectly on gopher... but only when I use Lynx on
Raspberry Pi. Lynx displays gopher UTF-8 correctly from my non-ARM Linux boxes
(HP Laptop with Lubuntu, AMD with Debian).

Should I compile Lynx myself on ARM instead of using "aptitude install"?

I really need my Raspberry Pi to display gopherspace UTF-8 correctly. If anyone
out there manages to display gopherspace UTF-8 correctly from a Raspberry Pi
please let me know how.

Thank you in advance for any hint or help.

Regards,
--
Héctor