lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Form field names

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Form field names
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:54:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Tom,

I notice the following in my status line:

(Script button) Use UP or DOWN arrows or tab to move off.
(Option list) Hit return and use arrow keys and return to select option.
(Choice list) Hit return and use arrow keys and return to select option.
(Text entry field) Inactive. Press <return> to activate.
(Textarea) Inactive. Press <return> to activate.

I think we could shorten the descriptive text and add the
actual name of the form element (the one that later ends
up in the submission, not the XML ID) to it, at least in
Advanced user mode:

(Textfield "subject") Inactive. Press <return> to activate.
(Textarea "body") Inactive. Press <return> to activate.
(Script button "submit") Use UP or DOWN arrows or tab to move off.
(Option list "rating") Hit return to select options.
(Choice entry "poor") Use arrow keys and return to select option.

This would greatly help e.g. foreign-language websites
where you just want to fill out a form, and can guess
the rest from the URLs, or in sites which “design” for
GUI browsers instead of accessibility.

Also, is there a way to submit a form that has no submit
<input/> element? IIRC there was something, but I can’t
find it at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos
--
18:47⎜<mirabilos:#!/bin/mksh> well channels… you see, I see everything in the
same window anyway      18:48⎜<xpt:#!/bin/mksh> i know, you have some kind of