lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden when starting Lynx

From: Héctor A . Abreu
Subject: [Lynx-dev] HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden when starting Lynx
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 12:06:52 -0400

Hi,

I have been using lynx in Debian and Ubuntu for some time, but for some reason I am getting now in both installation an "Alert! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" message when I start Lynx instead of the Lynx welcome page. The message won't appear for other sites that I often use, only the welcome page.

I am not sure if it's related to any update in GNU Linux or Debian, or if it's related to my UTF-8 enconding.

I am using the versions that come with the distros, 2.8.8pre.4 on Ubuntu and I don't remember on Debian.

Thank you in advance for any hint or help.

Héctor A. Abreu
Founder & CEO
Spanish Connector L.L.C.
Atlanta, GA. USA