lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Forum Software that is Lynx friendly

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Forum Software that is Lynx friendly
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:24:09 +0000 (UTC)

Webb Moncure dixit:

>I'm starting up an online forum website that requires accessibility across
>multiple platforms and Lynx compatibility is critical to my design intent.

Cool!

Good question. I’ve not come across one, really. But then, I’ve
never liked webfora. Maybe *because* they don’t really work with
Lynx.

Not quite what you want, but I know there’s the one or other forum
software out there which has a Usenet/NNTP gateway (either to “the
Usenet” or mimicking its own server, like GMane does), representing
the boards as newsgroups and the threads as threaded post messages.
I’d then use pine, erm, my favourite newsreader, to access them;
Lynx *can* do that too, but pine has prettier threading.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<hecker> cool ein Ada Lovelace Google-Doodle. aber zum 197. Geburtstag? Hätten
die nicht noch 3 Jahre warten können? <mirabilos> bis dahin gibts google nicht