lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] DISABLED form submit button

From: Keith Bowes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DISABLED form submit button
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 12:15:14 -0500

Je 2012-Feb-05 je 20:02, David Dorward skribis:

> The webpage is, unfortunately, written in such a way that it depends on
> JavaScript (instead of using progressive enhancement[1]). Lynx doesn't
> support JavaScript
Also, it doesn't work with JavaScript disabled, so it's not just a
problem with text browsers.  Isn't it good style to make checks on the
server side and just use client-side code for redundancy?

> I vaguely recall a discussion a while ago that suggested the architecture of
> Lynx didn't lend itself to adding JS support (or rather, DOM support which
> most in-browser JS depends on).
According to the documentation, it can be built with experimental JS
support, but I've never tried it.