lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How to save a file - not display it

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to save a file - not display it
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 06:31:46 -0500

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 11:55:37AM +0100, Hans-Stefan Suhle wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> after my login process is meanwhile working, I wish to download a csv list.
> However, lynx always DISPLAYS the file when I select it.

There are a couple of cases.  You may be simply activating the link to
the csv file.  Using 'd' to download should work.   Depending on how you
got to the csv file, you may also be able to visit the history page
(with ^H backspace), and use 'd' to download the link for that file.

The other case is from the command-line; the "-dump" option might be
useful in that case (since there is no page within which the link
would be activated).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net