lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Help with ubuntu lynx-cur and ssl

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Help with ubuntu lynx-cur and ssl
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 16:52:07 -0500

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Hans-Stefan Suhle <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> schrieb:
>>
>> Thomas Dickey dixit:
>>
>> >(Aside from Debian/Ubuntu/etc, it seems that no one uses GNUTLS).
>>
>> This just _asks_ for a snide comment ☺
>>
>> I tried to get the situation in Debian changed, but their interpretation
>> of the GNU GPL is erring _too_ much on the safe side. Or they don’t want
>> to piss the FSF off. Whatever. (Making a lynx-ssl package for my own APT
>> repository has long been on my TODO. Maybe soonish…)
>>

> Is there actually an easy way for me to compile my own openssl-version of
> lynx under xubuntu?

Probably more than you need, but

http://lynx.isc.org/current/README.sslcerts

documents in some detail the interaction between lynx and openssl.

All you need is ./configure --with-ssl && make && make install

./configure --help|less will show you many options for customization.

Stefan
http://scaleengine.com/contact