lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Make a patch under Debian

From: Stéphane Aulery
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Make a patch under Debian
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 01:49:30 +0100

Hello,

Le jeudi 29 décembre 2011 à 06:57:50, Thomas Dickey a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 03:34:09PM +0100, Stéphane Aulery wrote:
> >
> > I corrected the translation files for multiple languages where possible in
> > relation to this bug http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=484250
>
> thanks ;-)

Okay. I did not realize that you are (one of) the developer(s) of Lynx :-))

> However, I did note that patches for the .po files should be sent to
> the translation project.  I'll do that if you want.  The reason for
> doing it that way is because the translation project maintains those
> files.

Thank you to the relay. I managed to use "make lynx.patch" (that clever) to
make the patch and I discover that the encoding of some languages is altered. I
do not know if my editor who screwed up or if it's diff. I give you the patch
anyway. In any case the changes are trivial and translators can be applied by
hand to avoid breaking the encoding.

> > I proceeded as described in the README file using the sources of the current
> > version lynx-cur.tgz.
> >
> > My directory lynx2-8-8 contains another directory orig/lynx2-8-8 with the
> > originial sources.
> >
> > When I enter the command "$ make lynx.patch" I get the following message:
> >
> > make: No rule to make target 'lynx.patch'. Stop.
>
> hmm - I hadn't looked at that for some time (see below).  But with
> a little tweaking (the README's misleading), I can make it work.  Here's
> the directory layout it's trying to describe:
>
>       orig
>       orig/lynx2-8-7
>       lynx2-8-7
>
> The last directory of the three is the one where the configure and
> "make lynx.patch" should be done.

I understood the need to put in orig lynx.x.y.z It works very well now Thanks.

Regards,

--
Stéphane Aulery