lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't save options to disk

From: Graham Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't save options to disk
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 05:55:35 -0700

Thank you Halász Sándor, the problem is solved.  I did not know that the file .lynxrc existed.  I've made the changes I want in that file and lynx now behaves as desired.  So if I ever want to make further changes, I'll do so directly in .lynxrc

2011/9/27 Halász Sándor <address@hidden>
> [...]
As user, I cannot save option changes to disk, so my changes remain in effect only until the session closes.
As root there is no such problem.  But I rarely work as root.

I've changed ~/lynx.cfg to have the options I want, but that has no effect on lynx's behavior
<<<<<<<<
This last file is read only if somehow you point it out to Lynx, through environment variable LYNX_CFG or on the command line after "-cfg". Furthermore, it is intended for general, not particular use. For particular use, for Options, the file usually named ".lynxrc" is the one.

If Lynx runs, though, somehwere it found a version of the configuration file. On the option page there is a link to it from "View the file lynx.cfg": follow the link and see the full path name.