lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:08:20 +0000

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 03:31:24PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Pawel Chwalinski dixit:
> >What do you think about using SO_BINDTODEVICE option while crating a
> >socket for the web browser? Would that be any possible solution ?

> No.
>
> $ fgrep -r SO_BINDTODEVICE /usr/include/ | wc -l
>        0

I guess it's OS-dependent then.

$ fgrep -r SO_BINDTODEVICE /usr/include
/usr/include/asm-generic/socket.h:#define SO_BINDTODEVICE       25

So, on Linux I think that would work.  But it's perhaps more usual
to call bind(2) on the socket to bind it to the chosen local address
before connecting it.

imc